Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Tip for the Lemon Icebox Pie

Received a note via Facebook from my long time and very good friend, Lee Anne Bussman about the Lemon Icebox Pie. Lee Anne is a very successful executive in Atlanta. She and I started 1st grade together and later graduated together from Mayfield High School in 19_ _. She would be mad at me if I mentioned the year of our graduation so let's leave that for now.


Lee Anne is a great cook and LOVES local, regional cookbooks. She loves the recipe I posted earlier today from Entertaining with Friends and shares this tip for the recipe:


"I wanted to tell you that i love that pie.....just wanted to mention that adding about 1/4 cup of whipping cream to the filling makes it creamier and more delicious."


Thanks Lee Anne--with these temps staying so high I might have to make a couple of these pies this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment