Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Classic Smoked Ribs

Thought I would let you know that the "rib" process has started as I sit here and listen to Conway Twitty sing Linda on My Mind--WOW--what a great country great he was. "Hello Darlin--nice to see you"


Back to the ribs; just cut 3 slabs of baby backs into secitons of 2 bones each and am marinating with Italian Salad Dressing for 3-4 hours. After that I will coat with salt and pepper, light brown sugar and onion flakes. Then I will wrap with Glad Wrap and let stand overnight. Tomorrow I will clean off the sludge and add rub before smoking for 6 hours over indirect heat, with hickory chips over the charcoal. (Oh, hickory chips are already soaking in water tonight so that they smoke rather than flame tomorrow).


Will talk tomorrow about the smoking process--all of this compliment so of Famous Dave's BBQ cookbook Back Roads and Side Streets--I've changed a few things about the recipes-rub and sauce--but not the technique. FOOL PROOF!

No comments:

Post a Comment