Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A Success Story

Every now and then it is nice to be reminded that if you follow the basics and work a plan diligently, good things do happen. This was recently validated by a letter sent into Roger Conner updating him on the success of a recent Favorite Recipes Press client.

Here is what Debbie Lestina Robinson had to say about her experience with her new book, You're Invited--Party Recipes for Every Season.

 Hi Roger, 


So far, I've sold 450 copies and I haven't even sent out a press release yet.  I will be mailing those on Monday.  I currently have 9 local retail accounts and counting.  On September 8-19, I will have a booth at the Clay County Fair in Spencer, Iowa which has attendance of 330,000 people.  In November, I'm scheduled for a two day craft fair in Nevada, IA.  And, I just received an e-mail today from the Farm Progress Show in Boone, IA.  I originally contacted them in January about the show held this August and never got a response.  Today, they contacted me about a booth space.  I think I'm going to get a very good deal on that space but, we shall have to wait and see.  Lastly, in December, I'll be signing books for one of my local retail accounts at their holiday open house. 

I will send you a picture from by booth space at the fair to share with your staff. It is going to be so cool. They are letting me paint pink and orange stripes on the walls. We will be wearing pink and orange aprons embroidered with "You're Invited!" and my carpet squares are guess what---Pink and Orange! Tall white director's chairs for resting are embroidered with my website address and I have a 6 foot tall image of my cookbook on a pop-up display. This is definitely the fun part.

When I travel to Florida this winter, I target a whole new market. Plans include a cooking demonstration in our clubhouse for everyone in our condo association (104 units). Also, an event with the local bookstore for either a Super Bowl or Valentine demonstration are in the works. So many opportunities and only one of me---did they ever perfect cloning? 

All of the feedback I've received has been so positive. I've entered my book for numerous awards so, let's keep our fingers crossed. A special thanks to everyone at Favorite Recipes Press for taking my duck and turning it into a swan. The book is absolutely beautiful thanks to your staff of publishing experts.

Stay in touch!
Debbie Lestina Robinson

As the title would suggest, Debbie's book is a collection of recipes, party ideas, invitations and effortless entertaining tips for each season of the year. (Check out her website, here.) Her bright pink and orange motif is very distinctive and puts the reader in a party mood. She has a plan and is following the plan to the letter. Best of all she is selling books.

No comments:

Post a Comment