Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A BIT OF HISTORY AND NOSTALGIA

Through the years I have heard and read several stories or accounts on the history of community cookbooks. There can be no doubt that community cookbooks have played an integral part in the fabric and history of the US. They have affected social issues, raised awareness for a variety of causes, raised needed funds for those same causes and generally contributed positively to many aspects of Americana.

As a "salute" to the history of community cookbooks I invite view this article that appeared recently on NPR's food blog, The Salt. I found it informative and fun to read. Making it even more enjoyable was reading the breadth of the comments that appear after the post. I hope you enjoy this trip through the past as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment