Monday, January 3, 2011

A Fresh Start

The beginning of a New Year usually marks a new beginning for most of us. Resolutions are made that, if kept, will make our lives healthier, happier, wiser, more patient and the list goes on. Here's an idea that can be fun and increase your choice of foods on your everyday menu.

Try one new recipe each week from your community cookbook collection. To keep things fresh, choose a dish each week that you have never tried before and choose a different food category weekly, as well as a different cookbook. If you have fewer than 52 community cookbooks go through the ones you have before starting over OR simply add to your collection each week until you have accumulated the full 52 total books needed.

Just think about this idea - at the end of the year you will have developed seven to eight new food favorites in appetizers, soups, salads, side dishes, entrees, desserts, etc.. In addition, you will have become familiar with a local communities' traditions and food styles.

I will wager that this idea is a lot more fun than keeping some of your other resolutions. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I started a food blog a few months back where I aim to try one new recipe every week. So far, so good, but I'm not always great about picking up a new book every week (I find multiple recipes I want to try and have trouble narrowing it down to just one). I'll have to add that to my goal...I certainly have enough cookbooks to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is your blog address? I would like to follow.

    ReplyDelete