Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Slate.com Article on Community Cookbooks

I read an interesting article recently on Slate.com regarding community cookbooks.

http://www.slate.com/id/2277327/entry/1001596/

Anyone getting ready to publish should read this article before getting started. One interesting thing that came out of it was a comment I read from a reader who had left behind her thoughts. That comment is below. I have no idea who this person is but she put in clear words what I have heard from individuals for the last 33 years.

"Community cookbooks are a guilty pleasure of mine. I don't think I have ever cooked an actual recipe from them, but they are so much fun to read. Every book seems to have roughly 20 different versions of broccoli casserole (frozen broccoli, Velveeta/Cheese Whiz, etc.) and a variety of desserts made with crumbled cake mix, Cool Whip, and cream cheese. They can be educational as well. I recall reading an old one from the 1950s and asking my mother what oleo and a #2 can were. "

1 comment:

  1. To me, they were an almost unnecessary disturbance just vital to get full customwritings.ws/custom-essays acknowledgement for composing assignments and papers.

    ReplyDelete