Monday, October 11, 2010

Mustard Sauces


Lately my taste buds have acquired a liking to mustard based sauces. When I came home a few nights ago, I was met by the delicious aroma and was thrilled to find Robin in the kitchen working on a new sauce for dinner. She whipped it up out of thin air and we used it on our baked chicken breasts. It was amazing.

I’m not suggesting that this recipe doesn’t already exist somewhere, but she concocted it without any guidance and boy, did it turn out tasty! If you try it, please let me know what you think.

¼ cup Grey Poupon, or any coarse Dijon mustard
¼ cup yellow prepared mustard (we used French’s brand)
2 teaspoons dry mustard, or to taste
1/3 cup Honey
1-2 teaspoon white wine or apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon olive oil

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly dredge 4 chicken breasts in flour mixed with salt and pepper. Coat each breast with a thick layer sauce and place in shallow baking pan and bake for about 45 min or until quick read thermometer registers 176-180 degrees. While baking, coat chicken with sauce once or twice more.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! I'm thinking I'll have to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you serve this? I'm thinking it would be good sliced and served over greens as a salad, or maybe with some sort of rice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We used it on chicken breasts that were baked; however I want to try it multiple ways.

    ReplyDelete