One of my favorite blogs is published by the Chairman of Thomas Nelson Publishers, Michael Hyatt. His blog postings have an overall theme of leadership. Last year, he wrote a post that shared 8 eight characteristics of abundance thinkers. From time to time if a piece of advice sticks with me I like to keep a note of it on my computer and re-read to make sure I am following the advice.
As a leader of a cookbook committee, a marketing committee, your organization or your home, perhaps you will appreciate this philosophy that Mike shared.
- They believe there is always more where that came from.
- They are happy to share their knowledge, contacts, and compassion with others.
- They default to trust and build rapport easily.
- They welcome competition, believing it makes the pie bigger and them better.
- They ask themselves, "How can I give more than is expected?"
- They are optimistic about the future, believing the best is yet to come.
- They think big, embracing risk.
- They are thankful and confident.
Here's the link to the original post on Michael's blog.
What encounters have you experienced in your many roles where you could have used this advice?